Use, Exchange, and Disclosure of Information
Among other things, we, and our partners providing content on Kalemon website may use your information that will be collected via the website (including your personal information). In the event that we share or disclose your personal information with other entities, these entities are required to handle the personal information in a confidential manner and maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
How We Use the Information?
- We collect information, including the personal information, when you sign up for a user account, or send us an email. We also collect certain usage information about students’ performance and learning patterns. In addition, we track information included in the records of pages you visit on our website, times of visits, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were clicked.
- Various web analytics tools are used to collect this information; however, some of the information is collected through cookies. You should be able to control how and whether your web browser will accept cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of our website may not work properly.
- Kalemon website records the Internet Protocol address, operating system, and the browser used by each user. Moreover, based on the Internet Protocol addresses of users, we may be able to determine their internet service providers and the geographic location of their point of connectivity.
- We follow up the user’s attendance; focus on learning, completion of the course, performance analysis, and learning methods.
- For improvement purposes of the curricula, Kalemon accepts assistance from educational institutions in evaluating the online school and the impact of Kalemon on the international education society.
- We publish non-personal information when logging into Kalemon Online School, and the impact of that on evaluating students’ performance.
- For providing updates on the content and tasks you demand, which are provided by Kalemon and observed by the meant teacher, in addition to providing you with notifications on products and services provided by Kalemon, Kalemon affiliates, or selected business partners that may be of interest to you. In addition, we send emails to you about the website maintenance and updates.
- Archiving this information or using it for contacting you in the future, or both.
- Maintenance of the functions and security of our website, programs, system, and network, in addition to improving them.
Use and Disclosure with Other Entities
- Service providers that perform certain functions on our or the educational institutions' behalf, including the processing of information you provide via our website, the operation of the website or sections of it, the provision or administration of courses, or concerning other aspects of the services of Kalemon or partner institutions.
- For purposes of scientific research. However, we will share personal information about you only to the extent required to fulfil the purposes stated at the time of information collection.
- To provide opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals. For example, we may recommend specific study partners or link potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, we may use information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but we will provide other users with your username only, and will not disclose your real name or e-mail address.
- For integration with the services of other entities, certain content may be hosted from websites that are not controlled by Kalemon, such as embedded videos from YouTube.
- In addition, we may share the collected information that does not personally identify you with the public and with other entities, including but not limited to the researchers and business partners.
Links to Other Websites